Friday, May 22, 2009

Interpreter of Maladies- Mr. Das

“Don’t touch it,” I comment to Ronny.


This sucks. I cannot believe how i got stuck with this family. I want out. They are driving me crazy. I do not even know if I love my children or wife anymore. Recently my wife and I have not connected to one another like we once used to.


Maybe I should leave this family right here, and right now. Nah, that would be too harsh and extreme. I’m probably going to be stuck with them until I die. Maybe a vacation by myself would beneficial to getting my head back on track. I’ll go to the beach and clear my mind, but I can’t. I’m too busy.


“Are you okay,” Ronnie asks.


“Of course I’m fine, worry about yourself,” I replied. Maybe I was too harsh again. No, I am too sick of all this anyway. They deserve it. Even I do not deserve this torture.


God, please help me!


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of changing the point of view. It seemed like a completely new scene, yet you stuck with the theme of the story. I especially liked the insight you put into Mr. Das. You give an excellent sense of his feelings. I liked the way you alter the story and made it your own, while not creating a new story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real good point of view change in the eyes of Mr. Das. This probably is an extreme way for Mr. Das to act, but he still is a self-centered person. You did a good job of showing the way you think of this character. This is a much different way to read the story, but it is creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I like this. You're not dancing around Mr.Das' thoughts like in the book. Clean cut, and straight to the point. I like it.
    Its sort of funny too.
    But yeah, you did a really good job changing the point of view. It was very enjoyable to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you changed the point of view. You let us know your interpretation of Mr. Das and his ideas on the family. I liked how you didn't change the story too much and made it comical at some points.

    ReplyDelete